CANSA - Bangladesh, Pakistan | June 9, 2016
Location: any of the following countries: Thailand, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia
Contract: Fixed term (until June 30, 2017)
Post Level: National D1
Benefits: Extensive learning opportunities for development, bonus, provident fund, medical, life & travel insurance, 20+ annual leave days
In 2015, Oxfam established the Asia Resilience Hub (ARH), a region wide, cross-affiliate mechanism that will help implement Oxfam’s Asia Resilience Strategy for 2015-2020. It will do this by supporting improved technical capacity, cross linkages, knowledge and learning, leading to increase quality and growth of Oxfam’s resilience focused programming at country and regional levels. It is an exciting knowledge management platform that brings resilience practitioners together.
The ARH will be managed by a steering group that will oversee operations, coordinate knowledge management and learning and lead on the technical support functions.
The ARH will also convene a region wide resilience community of practice (CoP), where staff from country, regional and global programming can come together to learn, share and coordinate on issues related to Oxfam’s resilience work in the Asia region.
The ARH is looking for a Coordinator to support its operational functions for the July 2016-2017.
- Support the ARH Steering Committee Group in the overall planning, coordination and monitoring of ARH work-plan for 2016-2017
- Coordinate and work closely on behalf of ARH with other regional and global knowledge hubs
- Prepare draft communications for internal and external audiences
- Lead on the coordination of ARH meetings and events, including the Asia Resilience Webinar Series, skype/telecons, face to face meetings and other learning events, including supporting participants/partners during regional activities.
- Maintain content on web based communications platforms including the ARH Sumus (internal intranet) Page, Dropbox and others as they develop.
- Support an open exchange of best practices/lessons learned between countries and regional offices.
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning mechanisms for the ARH overall.
What we're looking for
- High level organisational skills
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills
- Ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively within multi-cultural teams and cultural contexts,
- Ability to work independently; a self starter who can work within a framework and with some support.
- Experience working within an international NGO, in particular working across different countries and/or regions.
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PPT, Internet and email), including the use and maintenance of internet-based information platforms.
- Ability to work, manage and coordinate with people at various GMTs using mostly ICT based platforms
- Ability to travel within the Asia region to accompany ARH Hub on face to face events
- Highly fluent in English
The job details can be found on Oxfam Website.